Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dissapointed

Since Finn started preschool 2 days a week about 10weeks or so ago now we've been working on our choice of language and the way we discuss sharing, making and playing with friends, acceptable behaviour and language etc etc.
We always did, but it comes into sharp focus when he comes home with things from other children, and likewise takes little things from home in with him.

I've recently been really dissapointed on a forum I frequent by the behaviour of some women. Mostly mothers as well, when someone makes a mistake or rules are discussed it just can't seem to stay nice, civil or unpersonal.

Things have spilled over into other areas with people getting nasty and downright rude and personal. Why do we need to call names and ridicule people? I just don't get it.

And why make fun, tease and belittle people? Because they "did it to you". Sound like something your 3, 4, 5 year old might say? Yep... it's really sad.

I'm not perfect- OMG far from it. But I am trying really hard to model good behaviour as much as I can with my children. If we can't control ourselves on the internet where our written word is taken, copied, twisted, re-posted and there for all to see, how can we control ourselves when our kids are around.

It's just sad, really sad. I'd like to think that when my kids get older they won't be surfing the net and find posts I've written full of expletives and derogatory comments about people they don't even know.
That said, I swear, I fart, I burp, heck I even make rude jokes and get REALLY silly sometimes, but I try my best to not be nasty to other people.

A MASSIVE percentage of mum's have mental issues, are on anti depressants, have PND or other problems and often the online world is a haven. My 15yo sister is struggling with big issues and mental illness now as well and I am scared for her that this is the kind of world she's stepping into with all her baggage and there's no one out there for support.
The saddest part is that often it's other women who've been in the same place who are throwing the most mud. Can't they see the damage they might be causing?

Why do women have to tear each other down? THIS is why women don't win reality shows very often (yeah I'm a reality junkie lol). They are always out to get each other, backstab before you get backstabbed yourself. And the blokes just sit around and watch us tear each other to shreds.

So yeah, there it is. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm going to try my best to ignore the mudslinging that I guess is some sort of entertainment to a group of people.

Goodnight, sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite.....

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post and I couldn't have said it better myself!! I don't understand it at all - if you can't say something nice, then why say anything at all.

    ReplyDelete